My Review on Face Republic's Sleeping Beauty Face Mask in Rejuvenating Honey Nutrient

May 18, 2019 Manila, Metro Manila, Philippines


Hey dearies! What's up? I'm writing this down on a Saturday. It is finally weekend! The past few days have been so hectic but very productive. I revamped my blog, made a logo for my blog/brand, organized my social media platforms, answered emails, shoot products, wrote a blog post and many more. Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining. In fact it is the opposite, I am grateful for all these things that kept me busy. I've never been this motivated before. I just want to keep pushing myself to be better. And you know what? I deserve to treat myself some me-time, which is what I did yesterday and by me-time I mean Netflix and skincare.


There's this show on Netflix that I just started watching. Can you guess what it is? Nope? It's Lucifer! I got curious with that show because lots of people were mentioning it in Facebook. Lo and behold! I end up liking that show. As I watched, I applied Face Republic's Sleeping Beauty Face Mask in the variant Rejuvenating Honey Nutrient on my face. This girl loves multitasking. 

(Here's what it looks like)

Directions for use: 
1. Wash face with cleanser and apply toner.
2. Place the mask carefully on face, adjusting around the eyes.
3. After 15-20 minutes, remove the mask and lightly apply the remaining essence with clean hands.

Precautions:
Avoid using on blemished, irritated or sunburned skin. Stop using if skin becomes red, swollen or itchy during use. If any of these occur, discontinue use immediately and consult a doctor. In case of contact with eyes, rinse eyes thoroughly with water. Keep away from children. 

My Opinion On This Product:

If you can recall, I made a review regarding Face Republic's Sleeping Beauty Face Mask in the variant Soothing Aloe Extract. Just like that one, Rejuvenating Honey Nutrient also has a thick mask which makes it a bit challenging to let the mask stay put on your face because it is quite heavy.


As for the smell, this one is a tad milder compared to Soothing Aloe Extract but it smells nice, also relaxing. But if I were to choose, I prefer the smell of Soothing Aloe Extract more. 


I wish Face Republic will change their face masks in terms of thickness and size. It was quite tricky to put it on the face and let it stay on. Besides it being thick, the size of their masks are huge. Well for me, maybe for some it is just the right fit. I got a round shaped face.


I let it stay on my face for about 15 minutes while I watch Lucifer on Netflix. Do you remember? Last time I did this, the face mask stayed on for more than 20 minutes. That was a wrong move for me. You shouldn't let the face mask stay on your face more than the required time. If you do this, instead of getting your face moisturized, it will do the opposite, suck the moisture out of your face. I learned from my mistake. 


After 15 minutes, I used the remaining essence. I swiped it all over my neck. Don't want the essence to go to waste, right?


And... Voila! My face felt so refreshed! Plus it gave me that Korean glass skin glow. This variant claims rejuvenate and make your skin glow with Honey. It is also good for anti-aging and healing. In terms of the effect it has on my face, I like this one better than Soothing Aloe Extract. Take note, I got oily skin on my nose area and dry skin on my U-zone. After using this, my face doesn't feel oily or dry even until the next day! It made my skin soft, smooth and glowing. 


Final Verdict:
has a very mild scent 
* the sheet mask was too thick and big
* there wasn't that much essence compared to the face masks I have used before
* i recommend it on oily skin
* it will also do good on people with dry skin
* made my face glow afterwards
* leaves the face well hydrated
* my face felt soft and smooth up until the next day
* will definitely use this again

Rate: 8/10

Interested to try this product?
Seven Nights of Beauty Rest Pack retails for only 299 pesos at any Watsons branch. 
You can also buy the face masks individually for 49 pesos.  

Face Republic is also available on Lazada, Shopee, BeautyMNL, Calyxta and Cliqq. 

FOR MORE INFO ABOUT FACE REPUBLIC:
Check out their social media accounts

Got something you want me to try and write a review about?
Feel free to comment down below and I'll gladly write a review about it.

Post a Comment