Day 1 of Seven Nights of Beauty Rest: Face Republic's Soothing Aloe Extract Sleeping Beauty Face Mask

December 6, 2018


Korean skincare is all the rage right now. I decided to jump on the bandwagon not too long ago. It all began with me researching about Korean skincare - what are the steps, the best products to use and how to use the products in the correct way. I found out that Korean skincare compose of 10 steps: oil cleanser, foam cleanser, exfoliator, toner, essence, serums, face masks, eye cream, moisturizer, SPF. Wooh! That's a lot compared to what I am used to. No wonder Koreans have magnificent glass skin.

As a starter I don't have yet all the necessary products needed. Thankfully, Face Republic sent me their Seven Nights of Beauty Rest Pack (Sleeping Beauty Face Mask) - it is a set of seven sheet masks, individually packed in seven unique variants: Soothing Aloe Extract, Nourishing Snail Essence, Whitening Rice Formula, Hydrating Cucumber Extract, Healing Tea Tree Oil, Rejuvenating Honey Nutrient, and Brightening Lemon Extract. This solves the face mask step for the 10 step of Korean skincare. 



I've mentioned in my instagram account that I will be trying each of this face mask for seven consecutive Mondays for the #masksheetmondays, so that means I will only be using face mask once a week. I also promised to write a blog review on each of this mask. Starting this off with the Sleeping Beauty Face Mask Soothing Aloe Extract.

Take note: My skin is combination type, oily on the T-zone but dry on the U-zone. Results may vary according to your skin type and if the product is compatible with your skin.

MY VERDICT FOR FACE REPUBLIC'S SLEEPING BEAUTY FACE MASK IN SOOTHING ALOE EXTRACT:


 (A photo of me before I used the face mask.)

Prior to using the face mask I have washed my face with a foam cleanser and applied toner, I followed what was indicated in the instruction. 

(Here is what it looks like)


Directions for use: 
1. Wash face with cleanser and apply toner.
2. Place the mask carefully on face, adjusting around the eyes.
3. After 15-20 minutes, remove the mask and lightly apply the remaining essence with clean hands.

Precautions:
Avoid using on blemished, irritated or sunburned skin. Stop using if skin becomes red, swollen or itchy during use. If any of these occur, discontinue use immediately and consult a doctor. In case of contact with eyes, rinse eyes thoroughly with water. Keep away from children. 

(In here, you can see the ingredients used.)

My Opinion On This Product:

Of course, the first thing I did was open the packaging. Then I smelled the content, personally I like the scent of this face mask - just mild and calming with a hint of sweetness, that's what I love about aloe vera, it is not only beneficial for the skin but it smells good too. After smelling it, I brought the sheet mask out from its packaging and noticed the thickness of the sheet mask which I think made the sheet mask a tad heavy. I unfolded it and placed it on my face.

(You can see in this photo that the sheet mask was thick.)

I find it a bit challenging to put on my face because the face mask was thick which makes it a bit heavy for it to stay in place and it was huge for my face. I have a round face shape. 


When it was on my face I really enjoyed the smell of it. The smell and feel of it is soothing, it made me want to lie down and nap. The time I had the mask on was 9:45 PM until 10:15 PM - that was 30 minutes, 10 minutes more than the required time. I can't help it, it was so relaxing. I recently just found out that it is a must to follow the required time because instead of the face mask giving hydration/moisture to your skin it will end up doing the reverse, suck the moisture out of your face. 

(Me having my Sleeping Beauty moment)

At 10:15 I took off the mask, I was going to put on the remaining essence in the packaging on my face but I noticed that there was barely any essence left. I tapped my face for a while, doing that will help your skin absorb the product faster. It felt tacky at first but was gone a few minutes after. I looked in the mirror and saw that my face was glowing like I had highlights on and my face felt soft and well hydrated. 

(the state of my face after the face mask)

The next morning, my face still has the glow and still felt soft. I have combination skin, my T-zone is oily and my U-zone is dry, what it did to my T-zone was it felt a little more oily as for the U-zone it had just the right amount of moisture. Maybe if I hadn't let it stay on 10 minutes more than the required time my T-zone wouldn't turn out so much oily. Lesson learned, next time I use a face mask I'll strictly follow the time indicated in the instructions. 

Final Verdict:
* has a calm soothing smell and it felt like it too
* the sheet mask was too thick
* there wasn't that much essence compared to the face masks I have used before
* i don't recommend it on people with oily skin
* it will do good on people with dry skin
* makes my face glow afterwards
* leaves the face well hydrated

Rate: 7/10

Interested to try this product?
Seven Nights of Beauty Rest Pack retails for only 299 pesos at any Watsons branch. 

Perhaps join #masksheetmondays too!

Can't wait to try the remaining 6! Watch out for my next face mask review next week. 

Got something you want me to try and write a review about?
Feel free to comment down below and I'll gladly write a review about it.

Post a Comment